Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 380-1 Injector sleeves

Vinchenzo ยท 2025-04-17 02:19

Hey komatsu gurus, Have a Komatsu 380-1 with engine no SA6D4110-1. Currently doing a bottom end rebuild and general freshen up. Im currently going over the head and have removed injectors to be tested and rebuilt if required. I would have liked to have removed injectors without too much hassle, but they were seized in the injector tubes. I used a slide hammer to remove injectors hoping they would come out freely but have come out with injector sleeves seized onto the injector body. I can source new injector sleeves, but am unsure on installation. I'm am assuming by how tight they were to remove that they are an interference fit item which requires pressing into the head, but am unsure whether they require rolling after installation or are they just pressed in and the injector provides the sealing of the sleeve to head when the injector is torqued down. Cheers

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2025-04-18 10:40

    It requires special tooling to install. Last year the company I was doing an overhaul for sent out 6 heads on a Komatsu D155 and the machine shop built the installer as they were no where to be found at any dealerships. Costed a lot but that is the state of owning very old stuff. Simon C

  2. #2Vinchenzo2025-04-23 20:30

    Thanks for the Info Simon. Much appreciated.