A month or two ago my 1985 Komatsu D31p-17 slowly lost pushing power and then stopped died in its tracks. The engine was still running strong it just lost power from the transmission. I read my work shop manual and the trouble shooting section told me to change out the transmission oil filter and I did. After changing the trany oil filter I was back up and running and I thought everything was good but boy was I wrong! Now my transmission is leaking oil into my right clutch and left clutch cylinder. I have three dip sticks under my seat. If you are seating on my seat and looking down the for left dip stick is for the left clutch cylinder the middle stick is for the trany and the right stick is for the right clutch cylinder. After two hours of running I will not have any oil show up on my trany dipstick and 90% of that lost oil is in my right clutch cylinder the other 10% is in my left clutch cylinder. Im guessing when my oil filter clogged up and the trany run dry I burn up the trany seals that keep the oil in the trany and out of the right and left clutch cylinder :Banghead. Has this ever happen to any of you guys? Do any of you know what the problem is and do I have to drop the transmission to fix this problem. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. If you know the name of the seals that are bad please tell so that I can find them in my work shop manuel. Selling the dozer or paying someone to do the work for me is out of the question. Please help.
Sorry I can't help with your question, but I was wondering if you ever decided to go into the transmission? Mine has a bearing going out and I need to remove the transmission and repair it. Just wondering about the cost of resealing the transmission and how much trouble to R & I.