Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D65EX-12 Transmission Checks

PB1 · 2023-03-15 21:45

I have a Komatsu D65EX-12 sn: 62823 that I’m going to check out next week. The transmission has gotten weak in forward and reverse. I’m looking for some info on transmission checks if anyone has that info available. I looked to see if I could download a manual, but only found ones for more recent serial numbered machines.

Replies6
  1. #1bam19682023-03-16 01:22

    Here is a page out of my manual. If it has these central detection ports they are located under the step on the right side of the machine. Does the machine have an OROPS by chance? Only reason I asked is because I have seen the brake pedal stick on machines that don't have a cab. First thing I would do is grab the brake pedal. I can get you more info if out of the manual if you need it.

  2. #2PB12023-03-19 15:29

    It is an open cab machine. I’m heading out to it on Tuesday to start diagnosis. I appreciate the response.

  3. #3PB12023-03-22 09:32

    This is what I’m looking at.

  4. #4PB12023-03-22 10:13

    Changed the filter, checked the fluid level, warmed it up and checked transmission main relief pressure. I never got over 500 psi out of it.

  5. #5bam19682023-03-22 21:48

    According to my manual the trans main relief pressure and the modulating pressure is supposed to be between 3.0 and 3.3 Mpa. If I did the math right that would be between 435-480 psi.

  6. #6max s2023-03-23 20:26

    Happened to several units we had to have the brake pedal stuck just enough to keep the brake engaged, felt like the machine was weak.