Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D65P-6 Information

aldent ยท 2016-05-27 00:44

I am new to this site and I have a looking for anybody that knows any thing about this dozer. We have need of a larger dozer to use pushing dirt into a large valley. The owner let me haul the dozer to my property since he did not have any were to push anything at his location. Mostly looking to see if this is a good strong dozer or is it a problem child

Replies3
  1. #1Scrub Puller2016-05-27 05:36

    Yair . . . aldent. They are a good simple machine that performs very well . . . the several I have been around have been relatively problem free. Getting a bit of age about them now of course so what you see is what you get . . . the Cummins engine may problematical for parts and finding a fitter who even understands it. Cheers.

  2. #2bmurray932016-05-27 07:24

    they are getting on. late 70's to early 80's manufacture

  3. #3aldent2016-05-27 09:40

    As I try this machine out I will have more questions Im sure I pushed about 7 tri axles of dirt over yesterday with it and the blade does not stay to stationary to the machine from left to right. It pivots rather easily from side to side Not sure if that is from play in the cups on the ends of the blade that attach to the machine or is it supposed to do that. Only thing I ever ran that was close to being that big was a very very old Cat D-8 cable blade but even that did not do what this one does. I have run the dozers that have 6 way blades and they stay stationary with the machine