i have a PC-120-6 excavator I know the female swivel end is metric JIS 30 degree flare. The other end is some kind of make non swivel end going into a block looks like ORB but I didn’t think these machines had any standard fittings.
Most Japanese port adapters is BSP, same is ORB but Withworth thread
I can't say for sure as I haven't ran across that on Komatsu machines. I'm fully aware of the JIS Komatsu flare fitting, just not sure about that straight thread fitting. But no, I doubt it's SAE o-ring boss, more likely BSPP. Member John C might know what it is as he has experience with Kommie machines.
Is there any way to tag of get ahold of John C because this is really frustrating. It’s some kind of metric thread I’ve never seen before
What is a pitch of it?
According to my Dealer it’s 1.5
But it’s 5/8 and there is no BSPP in 5/8 according to Parker
Does it hahave 30 or 24 degrees on the flare. Does thread matching to UN or to metric? Metric ( DIN and GAZ ) has 24 degree inverted flare JIS ( Japanese standart) has 30 degrees inverted flare, Withworth thread same TPIs with Emperial (US) but 55 degrees on thread point instead of 60 degrees. JIS has 5/8 size!
Tell your dealer it’s not BSPP, it’s JIS ( Hitachi, Takeuchi, Kubota and everything else beside Komatsu, Kobelco and JSW!)
All the stuff on Komatsu is JIS as TVA has stated. I seem to recall those fittings having an O ring at the base of the threads. A 5/8 straight thread will fit but will not hold under pressure. That last photo looks like a ball nose fitting which I doubt will work on a Komatsu of that vintage.
The last picture is the actual hose from the Komatsu dealer on the other side of the state. I make my own hoses and was hoping to purchase a Parker series 43 fitting to match. I can not find male crimp on JIS fittings.
Measure the diameter of the threads with a caliper and check the thread pitch with a thread pitch gauge, then you can compare to the various hydraulic fitting thread charts to determine what it is.
I used to buy all my fittings from the local Parker dealer. They have or can get any Komatsu fitting you desire.
Agreed, if Parker can't supply it then it ain't been invented yet.
Once you have identified the thread, you might be better off to find an adapter to JIC or O-ring face, then making your own hoses will be no big deal. Here is a link to the Brennan catalog with an adapter from male BSPP (assuming that might be what it is) to male JIC. It is available in -10 BSPP (5/8 - 14 thread). https://brennaninc.com/fittings/conversion-adapters/7002/
Those ko those looks like bulkhead 90’s, just befits Jose end fittings and not port adapters.
New Komatsu hoses will likely last the rest of the life of the machine. If you want to change to Parker hoses make sure and get the highest rated two wire hose. You can adapt and put other stuff anywhere but what you end up with in the end is problems going back and forth when no one else knows what you have done and don't recognize what you put in to make your life easier. Brennon was the go to when my local Parker dealer didn't have a fitting. Brennon at that time only sold to other fitting dealers and not the general public.I guess you might call them a wholesale house at that time. Do they sell to the public now?
Yeah! I could only get Brennan at Western Fluid or other “Parker Store”! Funny thing is I could actually go to Brennan wearhouse in Sumner, ( if I was looking for something weard or not sure what combination I really need) and go through the shelves looking, and get the part number/s but couldn’t buy there!
If you supply hose assy part number, my dealer can, most likely, provide the components parts list to build that hose.
Can't debate the fact that the new Komatsu hoses will likely outlast the machine. The OP said he wanted to be able to fabricate his own hoses but could not find BSPP (which is what it appears to me to be, but unfortunately not enough information is given to determine that) Parker hose ends in 5/8 (-10). Just wanted to pass along the Brennan info as an alternative to the dealer if that is the way he wants to go. May be a mute point since he has already purchased a replacement hose or maybe not, looking at the condition of the three adjacent hoses. Good advice on going highest rated two wire hose. He should definitely look at the pressure rating of the circuit and verify that it is going to work with a two wire/43 series assembly of that size. I have purchased direct from the Brennan warehouse in Sumner a time or two when I needed a lot of fittings for a project, but they are certainly not set up for walk in/over the counter type sales. The Brennan poster with all their fittings that hangs next to my hose press shows a distribution warehouse in Cleveland, OH. I would think the OP could call around hose shops in his area to find out where he could purchase their products locally.
i wanna say its bspp, with stuff like that its not worth adding the fittings imo. just makes the hose flex more as the fitting is longer and will crack or stress the hose faster.
BTW while we are at it! Does any one know for sure what the hell difference between new Kobelco metric ( some say it’s DIN some say it’s French GAZ ) and JSW? Or that’s the same thing just under different names?
It all goes by thread pitch. Buy a metric thread file so you will know absolutely what it is when you go to buy a fitting.
And diameter, it's either going to be fractional or metric, measure with a caliper. Then use pitch gauges, determine if it's TPI or metric numbers like 1.5, 2.0, etc. This is really easy stuff.
The Komatsu part number is 203-62-61-290 My concern isn’t just this particular hose. There are many of these fitting all over the machine. This excavator runs well but is getting old and is going to need hoses replaced throughout the season. I wanted to be prepared being this is my largest machine and most likely won’t be able to afford the down time waiting on OEM hoses to be available.
The local Komatsu dealer in my area uses Parker as their supplier. Again, if you are that concerned with the issue of hoses, then take the time to learn about them. You can get a catalog from the Parker dealer that will tell you all you need to know about hoses, their specs and how to order replacements. You are going to waste more time trying to obtain adapter fittings and change over to North American sizes and specs.
As one who goes out and works on site on equipment there's not much that frustrates me more than to get to a job with all the right parts and find that someone has cobbled a bunch of fittings together. Like John C says, get to know your machine, find the correct fittings and fix it right.
Hate miss matched fittings! Working on one right now: wild mix of ORFS and JIC!