Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu or not

WV earth mover ยท 2011-03-19 22:02

was just wanting some input on komatsu rubber track skidsteer preferably the ck30 they seem to be kinda rare at least around me even i have a local kom dealer ive never met anyone that owns one but if they are as reliable as my kom exc than im considering one .Just wanted to make sure theres not a big problem i didnt know about the dealer had no real reason for very small number in use in the area

Replies5
  1. #1xcmark2011-03-20 11:39

    Just a FYI Kamatsu is droping the line of small equipment like the skidsteers and other pieces , just make sure your local dealer is in it for the long haul and sells there full line of equipment. I ran one of there large CTL for about a hour on a job site that a other contractor owned. there pilot controls where more accurate then my JCB and seamed to be a well built machine , cant offer much more then that.

  2. #2DK882011-03-27 12:01

    they are a great machine, light operators complan if working on rough ground or are really rough on unit due to seat switch being somewhat sensative, but thats easily by-passed.. they stopped making units for the moment but still making parts. rumor has it they will have an all new small line of equipment coming out soon.

  3. #3Digdeep2011-03-27 12:11

    I ran one once for about 20 minutes and it operated like most other CTLs on the market. It did seem a little louder than most. You just don't see many of them. My source at Bobcat tell me they are still planning on dropping out of the North American compact market due to lack of focus in their dealer sales force. He has been extremely accurate in his information to this date. He just reported to me during his trip to ConExpo that Takeuchi has ended it's CTL arrangement with Mustang/Gehl. My buddy at Mustang told me that he beleives this to be true, but hasn't heard it officially yet.

  4. #4Lil' Puss2011-03-27 12:21

    I'm confused now. I thought Mustang was now made by Gehl?

  5. #5KSSS2011-03-27 13:43

    Komatsu did not have a backhoe, skid steer or smaller mini ex at Con Expo. Everything was bigger iron. I never even thought to ask about guess since I thought I knew the answer.