Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KOMATSU PC 5500 and 830E FUEL CONSUMPTION

alonzo ยท 2013-03-10 04:40

HI ALL, I am writing in order to have some information on the best way to estimate the fuel consumption (in Litre/Hour) of KOMATSU EXCAVATOR *PC-5500(Diesel Drive Model 2x Komatsu SSA12V159) and PC1250 (Engine Komatsu SAA6D170E-5) *and dumper 830E AC (Engine Komatsu SDA16V160). I know that the fuel consumption estimation depends on several conditions, but I would be very grateful I you could gie some standards consumption values, (lower, mean, max) or, a simple formula I can apply. Thanks a lot for your attention

Replies3
  1. #1WhyWhyZed2013-03-10 11:42

    a real seat of the pants indicator is fuel tank size - most are designed to provide 10 hours of typically loaded operation. Divide the tank size by 10 and there's your per hour consumption.

  2. #2alonzo2013-03-10 13:12

    All right WhyWhyZed, thank you a lot for your reply. In fact this post relate to another one I did earlier: maybe it's the answer i was looking for?? Sincerely

  3. #3coalrulz2013-05-17 19:40

    alonzo, I can give you some idea of fuel comsumption for the 830E AC's, under medium load they run around 120 (Litre/hour). I have seen some heavy load applications that fuel comsumption has been as high as 190 (Litre/Hour)