Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC 75UU-2 – Alternative Pump ASS’Y

Kit ยท 2012-12-27 18:19

Hey guys, Does anyone know of a good alternative fuel pump for the PC75UU-2, Part #1 ( http://komatsupartsbook.com/catalogue.php?parent=2692052 ). I have purchased a cheap pump ($56) from Napa which will work for the time being, but it's going to crack. I talked to Komatsu and a new pump from them will be $450 with shipping. Just checking to see if anyone knows of a 'slightly' cheaper substitute that will hold up. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1JBGASH2012-12-27 22:18

    What do you mean by "crack"? If it is the lift pump you are referring to, the NAPA model may last a long time .

  2. #2Kit2012-12-28 10:55

    The Napa pump has a plastic casing over the pump and it cracked about 14hrs in and started leaking diesel. I'm looking for a full metal pump that is equivelent to the Komatsu pump.

  3. #3brianbulldozer2012-12-28 23:24

    It's been a few years since I chased down a fuel problem on my PC75UU-2 so I hope I remember this correctly, but as I recall the fuel line from the tank has a tee with one side going to the electric lift pump and the other side going to the mechanical feed pump (the one with the hand priming pump that is attached to the side of the injector pump). Both the electric and mechanical pumps then deliver fuel to the filter in parallel. I believe I disconnected the power to the electric lift pump when I had a fuel pressure gauge connected (engine running) and the pressure was fine using just the mechanical feed pump. I decided at the time that the purpose of the electric pump was just to circulate fuel across the top of the filter to make the system self priming. I think you may be able to eliminate the electric lift pump entirely, if your mechanical pump is working and you choose to do so.

  4. #4tool_king2012-12-29 01:08

    kit We use a all metal napa pumps at work .They have a 3/8 barb on them.They good pumps .I will post the number for you.

  5. #5JBGASH2012-12-29 01:46

    I have 2 of the 75uu excavtors but have not had any fuel problems with either yet. When you find a metal replacement please let me know what it is. Thanks

  6. #6xcmark2012-12-29 06:26

    GM used a fuel pump kit on the 1993 ~ 2000 6.5L turbo diesel trucks , it can be used on any 12 volt system. they are only about $80 for the kit and last around 1000~2000 hour. They will pick up fuel if you run it dry but only maybe 2~3 ' of lift so its best not too run it dry...... if you get the kit not the exact replacment part it will come with screw in fitting to connect to 3/8" hose . Having owned a 6.5L trucks I can tell you that you will want a filter after the pump that it is possible that the pump can self distruct and put crap in the fuel down stream. most of the time if your fuel pump dies while its running you just starve the motor and have low power but it still runs, they are cheap enough to buy a spare and put it under the seat in a ziplock bag for a spare for next years emergency!

  7. #7tool_king2012-12-29 09:44

    kit The part number is p74019 it is a Carter pump .Napa uses the same number.It come with clamps,connectors ,fittings and short piece of hose.We have very good luck with them .Have them on our ground heater units gor the generator diesel fuel.Here is the website www.federalmogul.com carter