Hello, My dads Komatsu 160 is tracking slower than normal and when I touch the boom, bucket and slewing controls it slows down to nearly a stop. Also it is very weak when climbing. It is digging fine apart from that. We are hoping its not the obvious hydraulic pump problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again.
Had a quick look at the trouble shooting guide and the one fault that covers both slow travel and slow compound operations is a "malfunction of pump merge-divider solenoid valve". Check if there are any fault codes, it could help you determine the exact problem, other wise swap the merge-divider solenoid for one of the other solenoids and see if the problem moves. Let me know if you need more help and i'll see what I can do.
Thanks Toyboy, I was just speaking with the old man and he's not really up to speed with solenoid valves. I took the trouble of downloading this pc-7 guide. http://web.komatsulearning.com/lms/demo/resize/resources/jobaids/PC7handy_4pg1.pdf Could I check for fault codes using this?
Jiangsu Kingray Machinery Co.,ltd is specially in undercarriage parts including track roller, carrier roller, sprocket, idler, track chain etc in China. www.kingraymachine.com
That will do it, enter service mode and then enter abnormality history. then enter electrical systems. If there are to many faults for you to make sense off you can clear all codes then operate the machine and the current faults will reoccur. If you can post the faults I will try to help you through the trouble shooting. Goodluck.
Toyboy, I will print off the "handy manual" pdf. on friday and go through the stages like you said. I have University work that needs finishing first. Ill get back to you Friday evening with an update. Thanks for the help buddy.
Toyboy, I had a look at the CPU and the following faults were highlighted: DK54KZ Gov. Motor Potentio Abnormality DXAOKA PC-EPC Sol. Disc. DY10K4 Governor Motor Step-out DY10KB Governer Motor S/C
these codes have nothing to do with the slow travel, you probably have a hydraulic problem not electric
That second item could be an issue and the other concerning the engine might mean the engine is turning up to high idle. Those also might just be logged codes and not active. Check your troubleshooting descriptions and see if you can clear them out of the computer. Then run the machine a bit and check for faults again. Good Luck!
DXAOKA PC-EPC Sol. Disc. I believe this refers to a short circuit of the TVC solenoid valve. Could someone explain to me where the solenoid valves are and how can i troubleshoot to locate the issue.. The other faults codes refer to the govern motor and the governing motor. As far as I know a governing motor controls engine or hydraulic speed. Could the solenoid valve be causing the slow travel? Ciaran
John C. I will try clearing the fault codes and see what happens. I know how to clear the fault codes. Thanks.
The fault, DXAOKA PC-EPC Sol. Disc shows a disconnection in the PC-EPC circuit, the PC-EPC (which translate to pump control - electronic proportional control) is a variable solenoid (located ontop of your pump, page 10-24 of your manual, item 4)that contols pressure going to your pump control valve, basically if your controller decideds that it needs to de-stroke your hydraulic pump it starts to open the PC-EPC (it normnally does this to stop your pump from bogging your engine down). The troubleshooting guide for this fault is at page 20-360, it shows you how to test the circuit, you can find a guide to the location of the plugs you need to test starting on page 20-218. If you need further assistance feel free to pm me.
The problem probably is in the center joint I supposed. Packing seals are probably worn-out causing incorrect dividing/merging of hydraulic pressure.