Gday, I have just started working on a PC20-6, likely a very early one, possibly 1989-90 model. Having a issue with the RHS track lever, the actual lever itself is stiff in both forward and backwards operations, once fully engaged the track moves freely etc etc I have removed the linkage to the valve body etc and can operate the track by pushing the plunger in. Only thing I can see is the linkage between the lever and the rod/adjustable linkage seems to flex on full engagement. The set up seems to be a tube for the LHS track lever and the RHS track lever tube slips inside that one which still allows rotation to operate the linkage to the valve. Has anyone had any issues with that mechanism seizing up etc and causing the lever to become stiff? it moves with light/moderate pressure up to a certain point and then feels like it’s binding up before it fully engages the valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Spray some penetrating oil and lube in the tube. If the valve moves freely it has to be in the linkage.
I have the owner currently pressure washing it all and getting all the crud out and drenching it all in penetrating lube at the moment in hopes it all comes good. Otherwise I’ll pull it all apart and give it a good once over.