Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc210LC-10 crankcase pressure code.

davecampbell · 2021-01-20 16:46

Against my better judgement I bought a pc210 today that is displaying a code for high crankcase pressure. The seller just lowered the price so far I just couldn't resist. It has 6500 hrs. He bought it at auction and when he used it it threw the code in the first 15 min. He said it also asks for regen. I started it and pulled the oil cap. Could not feel any excess blowby. Is there something else that can cause this?

Replies20
  1. #1John C.2021-01-20 22:36

    The paint looks good. You might consider calling a Komatsu dealer and ask if the Komtrax is active. They can give you a run down of what might be going on with the thing. There should be a vacuum on the crankcase when running. Crankcase vapors are sucked through a filter and back into the air induction system. I believe that filter is on the side of the motor somewhere and is supposed to get replaced every so often. I don't work on the new stuff anymore so perhaps someone who does might pop in with some more insight.

  2. #2davecampbell2021-01-20 22:59

    Ill check that filter, thanks

  3. #3LACHAU2021-01-21 03:27

    What failure codes are you get??

  4. #4LACHAU2021-01-21 03:42
  5. #5LACHAU2021-01-21 03:51
  6. #6davecampbell2021-01-21 20:20

    Thanks Lachau Ill try cleaning out the KCCV next

  7. #7davecampbell2021-01-22 09:47

    KCCV looks clean. I tried to do a stationary regen last night but it never completed. Soot level looks low if I'm looking at the right place. This morning I have these codes dkroma dr21kx dr31kx

  8. #8davecampbell2021-01-22 10:05

    looks like the kdpf was exchanged at 4400 hrs. Does that mean it is due again?

  9. #9davecampbell2021-01-22 11:31

    It wants a stationary regen but it never seems to complete it. I'm confused because there is one green bar that I thought indicated low soot level, but now I'm getting a high soot level warning AND one green bar!

  10. #10LACHAU2021-01-22 11:36

    My guess is that the electrical wiring of your device is faulty due to a mouse bite and a broken wire !!

  11. #11LACHAU2021-01-22 11:43
  12. #12davecampbell2021-01-25 11:49

    I ran it long enough to get the code today. It's just a level 01 code. It doesn't derate or anything. CA555 is the code.

  13. #13davecampbell2021-02-08 19:26

    Ok, I put a draft tube on it, so now the computer is happy about the crankcase pressure but its complaining about the DPF now. I'm only showing one bar of soot but it asks for stationary regen. When I follow the directions it never seems to regen. I disabled regen so I could finish up the job, but I need to figure out what the problem is. Code is 1691

  14. #14davecampbell2021-02-09 11:23

    so im looking on my komatsu this morning and it is showing a code that I did not see on the monitor. Ca2637

  15. #15Tugger22021-02-09 11:46

    A few years ago up we had similar problems on a Komatsu . The crankcase ventilation was frosting up at low temperatures and showing fault codes because of it.

  16. #16davecampbell2021-02-09 21:05

    I started to pull the dpf to check the doc. When I went to disconnect the differential pressure sensor I saw some bare wires. I'm thinking that may be at least part of my problem. Its been frosty here lately so it might be same problem Tugger had too.

  17. #17davecampbell2021-03-29 19:26

    I'm pretty tired of all of the issues created by this emissions system. I had a sensor vibrate out today and it went to level 4 and derated i think. I got it reduced to level 3 by telling it I cleaned the DOC. but still feels like it has derated. My next step is to pull the Filter and clean it.

  18. #18davecampbell2021-05-06 19:38

    It threw a ca1883 today. delta P in range sensor. I have no idea what a delta P is?? Im pretty sick and tired of this emissions system.

  19. #19John C.2021-05-06 20:14

    Delta P is just engineer jargon for differential pressure. I don't have any code information past Dash 8 so I don't think I can help you there. Someone should be along in a bit with some info. I think on a Dash 10 if you highlight the code and click on the check mark, it will tell what it means.

  20. #20davecampbell2021-05-11 22:47

    Thanks