Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC220 hydraulic fitting

Deey ยท 2025-02-17 11:41

I have a Komatsu PC 220 excavator that has blown a pilot hose. one end has a metric flare fitting but the other has a quick connect of some sort, and i haven't been able to find anyone who can get an end to make the hose. I was inquiring to see if anyone knew of where to get a hose made, or if the piece that the quick connect pushes on to on the manifold could be removed? I possibly could get a hose made that would screw into the manifold and the quick connect could be deleted if the male end of the connector is removable. The part has a hex for a wrench on it but was very tight when I tried to remove it and I was unsure if it can be removed and I didn't want to break anything.

Replies2
  1. #1Mike_272025-02-17 16:10

    pictures would help!

  2. #2Kobe Steel2025-02-18 05:59

    The fitting in the YouTube link attached may be similar to what you are describing and I would think that the tail fitting with hose would be a Komatsu only replacement item due to the push to connect style that Komatsu use. You should be able to remove the male fitting and replace it with a standard male adaptor as the port would most likely be metric. I can only assume that the fitting is tight to remove due to a locking thread sealant or possibly a damaged thread from a previous repair. Best regards