Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC50MR-2 hydraulic pump replacement

lilwill · 2019-01-03 08:42

Good morning, I have a Komatsu PC50MR-2 excavator that needs a hydraulic pump replaced and I have a few questions. Where is a good place to purchase a pump, who can you all recommend? When replacing the pump, what fluid flush procedure should I follow? I going to assume the pump failed and contaminated the system, however the last person to work on this said it did not. Lastly, what fluid recommendations can you make? I know I can go with factory oil, but is there an acceptable replacement? Thanks in advanced! Will

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2019-01-03 09:14

    How do you know the pump failed? Have you pulled the return filters and checked them. Have you taken the suction strainer out of the tank to inspect for brass or steel particles stuck in the mesh? The factory dealer is the only place I know of where you can purchase a new pump. You need to replace at a minimum all the oil in the reservoir and will have to replace return filters at least twice and maybe more if you have had a catastrophic failure. An operation and maintenance manual will give you the names of equivalent fluids that can be used.

  2. #2lilwill2019-01-03 14:59

    I haven’t done any of that yet. I just got the machine and all its parts. The owner has told me it did not catastrophically fail, but rather it quit working. I will start pulling filters off and determine what I will do after I see them. Do you know where the best place to source an operation and maintenance manual would be? I prefer it to be in pdf format if possible. Thank you again for the assistance. Will

  3. #3lilwill2019-01-09 08:13

    Good morning, I have determined that this machine will need to be flushed due to a catastrophic failure of the pump. I have done some research and found this company: http://www.klassenhydraulics.com/applications.html I have talked to them and their application fits what I am trying to accomplish. Does anyone have a comment about using this process to clean the system of contaminants? I may repost this question as a separate thread if it doesn’t get a response. Thanks!