Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC50MR-2 Motor stalling.

pfpm · 2012-07-04 04:48

Some time ago I had PC50MR-2 which had a motor stalling problem which was intermittent but more frequent after a few hours operation. After much testing and investigation I determined that the servo piston was Hanging up and not allowing the pump to compensate, Hence the stalling motor. I found abnormal wear in the swash-plate servo piston bore. We replaced the pump and had no more problems. This afternoon I am again faced with what appears to be the same problem with another excavator of the same model. Both machines were around 1800 hours. I might add that the pressures are ok and adjusting the torque absorption settings make no difference apart from what it is designed to do. The fuel system appears ok and so does the motor. What I am saying is that the machine will operate as per normal and all of a sudden you have a major stalling problem,. Even to raise the boom by itself you have to be careful not to stall the motor 5minutes later all is ok. What I am asking is has anyone came across a similar problem and did you come to the same conclusions?? If not what am I missing?? Regards Mike

Replies6
  1. #1RobVG2012-07-06 20:26

    We have a PC30MR-2. For what it's worth, the only engine problem I had was with the electric transfer pump. But it just stopped running altogether- didn't stall.

  2. #2Keith Powell2020-05-27 16:04

    I have a pc50mr2 doing the same thing, I don’t want to spend $5,000 for a new pump, but it’s so bad now I can’t use machine, I have a farm and I absolutely depend on machine, I wish we could find a fix

  3. #3John C.2020-05-27 22:56

    I haven't done much work on those so don't remember the type of monitor panel. Can you supply a photo and we can check to see how to get into the diagnostics of the machine if it has that feature?

  4. #4DK882020-05-28 19:27

    not possible from monitor.

  5. #5DK882020-05-28 19:28

    those little pumps are lemons. sorry to say but time for a new pump and a good flush

  6. #6Keith Powell2020-06-11 10:54

    Pump is $5,000