Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link belt x2 ?’s

mxsledder ยท 2012-07-04 01:30

Im looking at getting a excavator, probably a 290 size. I am tired of seeing 90% cat excavators around here and I'm also tired of how proud cat is of everything they sell.The x2 link belts look like really nice machines, but I have no experience with link belts at all. Are these comparable to the cats? I will be using the machine for demolition.

Replies1
  1. #1EZ TRBO2012-07-04 09:30

    I've ran some newer X2 long reaches and was quite happy with how they both ran...but they were brand new(put the first 40 on one, 200 on another). Don't know too many guys around my area that have them but some are still going strong with over 4k hours on them. As far as being tired of seeing CAT....I belive hands down they are the finest excavators as far as power, speed and balance. What really makes a machine the best IMO is a number of factors. A Reliable durable machine that performs to meet your needs is just the start of it. Ease of maintence, parts availbility, and dealer support weigh heavily into making a purchase to me. Good luck. Trbo