Howdy, Hope I'm posting this in the right place. Trepidatious new owner of a 2000 Komatsu PC75uu-2 checking in. Purchased last week and delivered on Friday. Fires right up and runs strong, but she has more than a few blemishes. I have 2 acres, decent slopes on parts and need to do trenching for utilities, possible house demolition, driveway grading and maintenance, and primarily build a 150 or so feet of 4-8 foot boulder retaining walls. I'm not a HD mechanic by any means, but can figure out simple things. Brought an HD mechanic with me to look at it pre purchase and will have to hire out the bigger maintenance items. 4600 hours on the body, but, according to the previous owner, he put a "new" 1500 hour 4d95l in it a couple hundred hours ago. Undercarriage completely redone apart from one travel motor. Main hydraulics all seem good, but several hoses and a couple rams are leaking. Has a good looking thumb and came with three buckets, a spare travel motor, several pins and the old engine (which PO says has a good core). Many if not most of the electronic systems have been disabled/removed (no fuel guage, no dig depth sensors, no z boom interference sensors etc). The main one I'm hoping to get back working again are the glow plugs . I searched about but haven't seen a good how to on that. The cab and body panels are a disaster. Fixing up or or replacing the covers that go over the main hydraulics are high on my list and any advice in that regard is appreciated. The worst one is fibreglass (why is there fibreglass panelling on a 7.5 ton piece of iron??). Glass in the door is completely gone. Bottom front panel gone. Seat is trash. Controls seem good though and it runs smoother than lower hour machines I've rented. A few photos: PXL 20260228 210652104.MP Image PXL 20260228 210652104.MP hosted in Freeimage.host freeimage.host PXL 20260228 212007725 Image PXL 20260228 212007725 hosted in Freeimage.host freeimage.host PXL 20260223 214019905 Image PXL 20260223 214019905 hosted in Freeimage.host freeimage.host PXL 20260228 010126888.MP Image PXL 20260228 010126888.MP hosted in Freeimage.host freeimage.host
If the harness is badly messed up it is quite easy to install your own solenoid with a switch inside the cab to control the glow plugs. Post a picture of your glow plugs and maybe we can help with how to do. Simon C
Ah, good to know. Machine is at a property that I only get to on weekends, so I'll see what I can grab for pictures when I'm next up. I know the glow plug wires (or what the PO says are the glow plug wires) are just hanging out loose in the engine bay right now.
Relatively easy to wire in with simple cable crimpers, ends and Cole Hersee relay for the appropriate voltage. Simon C
I have a customer in Calgary, Canada, who also owns the same PC75UU machine and purchased some external sheet metal refurbishment parts.
Do you make these parts?
I am just a distributor