Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu pc78us-5

Jcbrotz ยท 2021-08-30 15:50

My excavator had a small fire. Komatsu can't get me the harness and so far have been not able to tell me what the 3 pieces that I can't identify completely are. I assume the are either resistors or diodes. But can't really identify the molten pieces. Anyone he know anything about these hoes?

Replies8
  1. #1John C.2021-08-30 22:15

    Maybe if you post some photos.

  2. #2Jcbrotz2021-08-31 10:00

    Not much for pictures due to being a melted blob.

  3. #3John C.2021-08-31 11:06

    The purple color tells me the machine is gray market. If you have a serial number, your dealer should be able to get you a parts breakdown for the machine. That doesn't mean they can get parts. I haven't had to do any work on those models but all the diodes are usually inside the cab behind the seat. I don't know of any resisters in a Komatsu. There are plenty of connectors. About the only advise I can offer is to remove the harness from the machine and repair the wires as you see them on the bench.

  4. #4Jcbrotz2021-08-31 16:11

    From what I am finding it is a gray market machine, they didn't even bother to make a service manual for the machine. And the local komatsu dealer is about as handy as the manual they didn't make. I have found the diodes using the pc75uu-3 manual a dealer I spoke with in Canada atleast has some parts guys worth something. Looks like the damn cab has to come off to get to the retainers for the wiring harness. Gunna pull the seat and see if the

  5. #5Makar2021-09-01 07:14

    I have shop manal for PC78US-6

  6. #6Jcbrotz2021-09-09 18:12

    Could you get me a pic of the wiring diagram? They didn't bother to make one for the us-5.

  7. #7heymccall2021-09-09 19:15
  8. #8heymccall2021-09-09 19:17

    From here https://en.av-gk.ru/catalog/komatsu/pc78us0c/120040/