Was working this machine the other day when all of a sudden swing stopped working. No sudden noises or anything Feels like brake is on. Motor pulls down when attempting so it is trying to move. Have checked and changed the swing solenoid already and override switch does not seem to change anything. All other functions are normal. Any thoughts?
Do you know how to access the diagnostics in the monitor panel?
I had a 216, 233 and 237 come up. Last year this same issue came up and I moved the travel solenoid (I assume triggered the 216) to the swing position for testing. Fixed the problem then and probably put 30hrs on machine. I have since moved the travel solenoid back and placed a new one with included valve in the swing position. Cleared codes this morning and now comes up blank after running a few minutes.
Those codes don't have anything to do with the swing. 216 Disconnection in travel speed solenoid 233 Disconnection in front pump TVC solenoid 237 Disconnection in rear pump TVC solenoid Did you check the fuse panel? The swing brake timer is in the computer on these machines but throwing the bypass switch should have allowed you to turn the house. You can check the solenoid coil with an ohm meter. They usually run around 7 ohms of resistance. If that is OK, you are likely looking at wiring harness issues. Good Luck
I didn't see any fuses that may relate to the swing but I will go through them all and check. The solenoid tests OK it is new as well. Can you bypass the harness and apply 12 volts directly to the solenoid to see if it will release? Then I can start tracing wiring.
The entire system runs on 24 volts. Yes you can put 24 volts to the solenoid to see if it releases. The other possibility is that there are broken parts inside the gear reducer. Have you checked the oil in it yet?
I applied 24v to the solenoid with some jump wires and you can hear it click with machine not running. Start machine and no change. I had the valve unplugged from the harness with the jumpers right on the leads going to the solenoid. Checked oil on dipstick and didn't see anything but probably have to drain a bit to check for shrapnel.
Now you need a gauge and a fitting to tee into the line going to the swing brake release.