Looking for both the left and right horizontal outrigger cylinders in functional condition. My machine has them I just don't have time to rebuild them right now. Left side is leaking badly. Right side drops fast like maybe to the ground over 15-30 minutes of less while machine is running. I believe the problem with right side is a blown piston seal so it is leaking internally. If there is any pressure on the rod side of the cylinder while retracted the the cylinder will extend by leaking around the pistion. The left side needs new gland seals and is leaking externally. Both rods have seen better days. Both could be repacked and I have the tools to do it myself but right now I am using the machine daily on a project. Leaking about 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid a every 2-3 weeks out of left side. So I can either hope the outriggers remain functional until I am done with the project or I can get spares. My experience sending cylinders out to the local hydraulic shop is not good. Might see them again in a month if I am lucky I could do my own repack but my experience is without a cylinder bench that also a time consuming process. It could go quickly or it could be a disaster. Holding the outrigger in place since its a hinged joint is challenging for example. The rod nut is torqued to 2000+ foot pounds. If I could find two used cylinders for reasonable price I would be willing to pay for spares.
There must be some mobile heavy equipment mechanics around that can come and replace the packings, but if the rods have too many marks, then you need new rods and only a good machinist can make. From Komatsu those cylinders would be very dear. 20 foot long 3 inch pipe hooked to a home built wrench can take them off. Have seen guys pull cylinder rod out and then hook the rod end back up to the machine while busting the packing end nut. Time is money and you will pay one way or another. Simon C
Surely, you will pay dearly for those cylinders used, nevermind new. I have gotten through life without never needing a hydraulic cylinder bench. I know a good hydraulic shop and have rebuilt many cylinders. The rods can be fixed to a degree, if not there are still shops that stock chromed hydraulic cylinder rods. Most hydraulic shops take too long, I agree and where your at, does present a challenge. Good luck, if you had seal kits, I would do it myself, if I were you. Going to HF and buying an Earthquake impact might be in your future.