Just posted this on Orange Tractor Forum also- Would like the boom swing cylinder to be controlled from the left joystick thumb wheel instead of the floor mount foot control. I travel the machine with my feet and there are times when I would like to move the boom at the same time. I had a cat 305.5E that had the boom swing on the thumb control and it was great. Asked my dealer to contact Kubota about it and Kubota would not help. My right joystick thumb wheel controls the aux circuit for thumb, tilt grading bucket etc. I do not have the optional second aux but I can add it and my thoughts were to use it to control the boom cylinder. Wondering if this is possible? To me it’s just moving a cylinder back and forth but there is always more to be considered, relief settings, flow rates etc. Wish Kubota was more helpful. In my opinion this option would put the machine over the top.
Good day You could include a switching circuit this would at the flick of a switch change the auxiliary to the boom swing, if you would like information to accomplish this drop me a line. Kind regards Uffex
I have a u48-5 and i have the second set of aux hydraulics. It would be very simple to tap into and run the way you want it. I’d even put diverters on the lines so you could still run the aux to the stick if you wanted. I’d check on adding it.
I’m thinking it may be more cost effective to order a new machine with the second set of aux hydraulics and then start from there. I’ll check pressures on both the boom swing circuit and aux circuit to see if there close.