Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kUBOTA 4540 A air into hydraulics on backhoe

ecm2004 ยท 2020-04-22 16:37

I have a Kubota 4540A tractor with A Backhoe and within 10 minutes of useing backhoe the hydraulic sytem starts to foam and will not work. It has to sit for a while before I can use again!! Any suggestions would be appreciated !! Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1AllDodge2020-04-22 17:50

    Is the tractor fluid full? Also has it been working fine before?

  2. #2ecm20042020-04-22 18:23

    Yes Fluids are full and It was working fine! I have not had the tractor that long! Thanks

  3. #3AllDodge2020-04-22 18:32

    With fluids full and aeration happening, I would start with filter and pickup screens and connectors to see if air is leaking in. Hope the pump does not have a leak. Its doesn't happen right away, only after it heats up and things expand Have you posted this on orangetractortalk.com ?

  4. #4ecm20042020-04-22 18:38

    No I have not!! I will check out the filter and pick up screen and go from there!! Thanks for the response..

  5. #5ecm20042020-04-27 07:48

    Thanks for the help! It was the pump leaking around the seal. i purchased a rebuild kit and it worked Great!!

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-04-27 11:12

    Nice to read updates after the problem is resolved.