Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kubota backhoe

catwelder ยท 2019-10-27 18:38

with my new Holland I use it a good amount since I don't own a skid steer still but someone is selling a Kubota backhoe I think its the L48 one and I don't know much about the Kubota backhoes anyone got anything to say about them ?

Replies4
  1. #1Tags2019-10-27 20:43

    The L48 is pretty much a bullet proof machine as long as its had regular maintenance done along the way. The biggest complaint about them were that 1st gear range was REALLY slow, 2nd gear range still too slow, 3rd gear range too high for much but traveling. There is a company that has one where my yard is and I cringe seeing what they've done and continue to do to theirs, I think that one has around 3000 neglected hours and just won't stop....

  2. #2catwelder2019-10-27 20:59

    well right now im on a job with no skid steer just that mtl thing tight job but its a whole drain system for a trailer park and where in yards and on the road and lot going on and I could use a smaller backhoe for this job and for a few other jobs because the Kubota I can take the digger offer and attach bush hogs and box blades and that would be useful for the driveway repair jobs

  3. #3Tags2019-10-27 21:06

    If it's close by it's probably worth a look. Keep an eye on the hystat pedal linkage as this can get real sloppy and not give full speed, also check to see if the hoe has ever been off, a lot of people never took em off so the lever system to release them gets stuck and there's not a ton of room to work on the levers in the back, and see if they have the three point hitch, that's a few hundred bucks if they don't.

  4. #4catwelder2019-10-28 19:16

    alright thanks for thanks for the advice