Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ec-35 hydraulic pump

marquis · 2023-06-06 09:45

Hi guys, I have a Volvo EC 35. I’ve just done a filter change on the hydraulics but the pump still seems to be cavitating and what sounds like starving for oil I’m wondering is there a pick up screen in the tank somewhere in between the pump, and the tank?

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2023-06-06 10:38

    Good day According to the schematic, there is no screen. Is the filter from Volvo have you bled the pump. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2marquis2023-06-06 12:20

    No how do I bleed the pump? I just started it and ran all the cylinders in and out. But still sounds like I hear air cavitating.

  3. #3marquis2023-06-06 13:51

    I’m not sure I know how to believe the pump other than to run the machine and move the cylinders in and out and walk it

  4. #4marquis2023-06-06 13:53

    Are uffex how would I bleed the pump?

  5. #5uffex2023-06-07 04:41

    Good day Loosen the delivery line and crank the motor with the stop engaged, your post raises an number of questions:- Did the pump noise exist prior to filter change? Do you have the removed filter to refit and check? Is there any evidence of fluid foaming? Any repair defect history you may not have mentioned? Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6sfrs42023-06-07 05:02

    Just to confirm for uffex, is the machine a straight EC35 or is it an EC35C or EC35D?

  7. #7uffex2023-06-07 07:07

    OK