Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have an old 1990 kubota KH60 that I'm trying to find aftermarket axles and sprockets for. I was hoping somebody here would know where to get them. I looked on-line but everything is for the newer style. Local dealer wants way to much! If anyone has an idea I really appreciate the help! Thanks
I use Parts Alternatives in Bangor, Maine. They have found me stuff for my Takeuchi 135, not sure about older stuff, but worth a try. # is 1-800-486-8082.
Thanks atgreene, i'll give them a call 2marrow morning and see what they say! Thanks again Jeff
When you say axles, do you mean the travel drives? If you're in NY, call our Buffalo store 800-333-0650 and ask for Bob. If the sprockets are available aftermarket, he'll find them.
Finaldrive, Thanks for the info. I'm 40 miles south of Buffalo, I'll give em a call in the a.m. bright and ugly! Thanks again! Jeff
Finaldrive, I forgot to answer your question. The manual's calling them axles- part#68741-14312. The sprockets-part# 68741-14433 slides over the axles and get bolted with a cap.
Oh boy, that's what I was afraid of. This machine has gear reduction style final drives and that style is obsolete. It will be very difficult to find anything aftermarket for this style, but we'll give it a shot.
I wonder, is there away to retro-fit a newer style drive? As long as the over-all lenght and track pitch is the same, what else would stop it from working? Just a wacky thought!
There's always a way! The problem you'll encounter is how much $$ are you willing to spend on this machine. I can tell you that a pair of new planetary style drives to fit that class of machine would cost you roughly $3000.00 each. Add that cost to labor and materials and you're close to the price of a much newer used machine that has current parts support. I deal with this issue everyday. I don't like to tell people we cannot help them, because we can. But the cost of what will be used to help them is usually more than the machine is worth. I haven't even got into the issues you'll have with your current main pump trying to power newer higher pressure, higher flow planetary drives. Good thought, not wacky and it's a very common thought for what I deal with. Best of luck!