Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX016-4 limp left hand track lever

cj-525hl ยท 2021-09-25 13:44

Hi guys, Machine - Kubota KX016-4 I'm after some ideas as to why the left hand track forward/reverse lever has lost it's ability to return to center on it's own and feels 'limp' compared to the right hand lever. It feels as through a centering string has gone or something. The lever still operates though. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1Midnightmoon2021-09-25 15:13

    Kx018 or 61 or 161 dont see a 016 in the parts manuals. If its mechanical the spool returns levers to center. Alot of times the linkage gets stiff. Is it hard to move

  2. #2cj-525hl2021-09-25 16:03

    Hi, The lever works fine and linkage is free. I stripped that out and had a look today.

  3. #3Midnightmoon2021-09-25 16:08

    Has it always been like that? What model is it

  4. #4cj-525hl2021-09-25 16:14

    Hi Midnightmoon, No, it's just started playing up. Unfortunately due to Covid I had to leave it in storage for almost a year and now only just coming back to it. I can use it, I just have to hold the lever in the centre, not ideal but getting me by. I'm hopefully sourcing a workshop manual for it. I'll check on model number and post it up.

  5. #5cj-525hl2021-09-26 10:53
  6. #6Midnightmoon2021-09-26 11:07

    Cant help without model and serial. The plate doesnt show model. That might be the rops info not machine

  7. #7cj-525hl2021-09-26 12:58

    Sorry, uploaded a cropped image. Full image of model plate attached. I think you're right though, it's probably the return spring on the left lever spool. Hi Midnightmoon, Sorry, I uploaded a cropped version of the the machine ID plate. Full photo attached. I think it's pretty much the same model as the KX018. I also think you are right it's probably the return spring on the left lever spool. I've been using it today and it operates fine when the lever is held central and the lever itself also operates ok.