Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX080-3

nedly05 ยท 2008-12-04 18:55

Does anyone have one or run one? I ran one for a few minutes today on a job I delivered sand to and really like it, very smooth and accurate machine, and seemed to have a lot of power. How are the Kubota machines, I've never heard too much bad about them, and they seem to have a pretty decent price tag. This machine is well put together, I was very impressed, the operator loves it, says its a joy to run!

Replies4
  1. #1special tool2008-12-04 19:42

    Kubota owns the mini excavator market, in my opinion. Bobcat used just their engines alone as a marketing tool... the generators are also second to none. But you still will NOT get shims "tommorow by 10:00" like Cat...

  2. #2landrvrnut222008-12-04 22:53

    I rented a KX091 for a week. Great machine, I moved alot of dirt fast with that thing. It also had a good lift capacity. I was able to pick up a mason's mixer at full reach, and swing 180* without feeling tipsy. I was really impressed with the machine, and would buy one. My concrete sub has 3 KX121 he uses for footers and grading. He has very little trouble with them, and uses them everyday. We have a strong dealer for both tractors and mini's. And the Cat dealer is less than helpful to the little guys.

  3. #3nedly052008-12-05 00:12

    I didnt do any real digging, with it but it felt like it had a ton of power, the operator says he can lift 4K+. I like the swing boom on the bigger machine too. There are 3 kubota dealers within 2 hrs of here.

  4. #4coopers2008-12-05 06:10

    nedly05, kubota excavators are awesome . They are very powerful and very well built. I used to work for a rental company and we had kubota's. Those machines held up so well in the rental industry it was amazing. I was very impressed. I continue to only use Kubota when I need one on a job site. If the day comes and I use mini's so much on jobs I'll end up buying one and it'll be Kubota no doubt.