06 ecr58 . the hydraulic fitting on The cooler was loose and dripping oil on the radiator and cooler. Fixed the fiting and degreased the radiator and cooler. Machine runs up to the red mark on the temp gauge when running it hard with the AC on. If I open the hood it drops down to operating range. Tried to pull the thermostat. .. no change. Coolant level is up. Any other ideas?
bad gauge
I thought about that or a bad sending unit. How could i verify? I did find that the piece of metal that separates the cool side and the hot side of the radiator was bent....I'm sure hot air was being sucked into the cold side of the radiator. bent the piece back and added some foam to seal. Dropped temp by 20 degrees or so...runs about 7/8 of gauge limit...still hotter than what I would like.
I have an ec35 that was running hot changed the radiator and that fixed it
What did that cost? Mine is 2000. Hydraulic and coolant are in same unit
It seems nearly every time have had an issue with an excavator running hot, it has been a plugged radiator, either due to dirt that someone tried washing out with water and it turned to concrete, or demo debris, that blow in insulation is a major PINTA for plugging radiators. It might be more simple than you think.,
What is the best way to clean a radiator? Mine was covered in oil.
Take it out and soak it with dawn dish soap, then rinse and repeat. Use a nozzle on a garden hose to avoid flattening the fins. You can do the same thing on the machine, but you pretty much have to remove the fan and shroud, and whatever is in front of the radiator. Alternate with an air blow gun if that seems to work.
ecr58 runs hot// mine too only when i run the a/c I have an 06 and only have 700 hrs on it I bought it new and has always run hot with a/c on I cut out the gray reses in the hood in hopes to get more air but that did not help I just blow out radiator every two to three hrs and that helps. I think the radiator is to small.