Hi All, I am new to this forum. I have an old Kubota Kx91-2. Its been sitting for a while but when I started it this morning only the tracks and blade are working. Not even a twitch from the other hydraulics. I have checked the arm switch for the slew and it seems fine. Hydraulic Oil is a bit milkey, but not that much. It was changed last year, but the machine has only done about 10 hours since the change. It's a full cab unit, so I assume that I will have to remove the seat and any surrounding floor plates. Anyway, before I go tearing everything apart, is there anything in particular that I should be looking for? Thanks In Advance Morke
Tracks and blade controls I believe work off mechanical linkage, the joysticks are pilot and I would guess the safety system is shut down. You say you checked the left arm safety switch? Did you check for power, in and out? Blown fuse? Battery voltage is good and charging system is working?
Hi Lantraxco, Have checked the switch. Its role is to control a boom slew, via solenoid valves in the hydraulic circuit. From other forums I have discovered that the tracks and dozer blade are operated from a different circuit to the various boom related rams. Thanks Morke
I may be wrong, but there should be a solenoid valve that shuts off pilot oil to the joysticks, should be wired to a switch on the left arm. Safety lockout. Could also be a seat switch, but I don't think so on that machine.
Hi, I put a meter across the safety switch and that seems fine. I started to lift the plates, so lifting out the seat and power hosing everything is my next step. I'm assuming that the solenoids are for the boom slew. Are the two silver colored items pressure relief valves? Thanks Morke
Did you ohm the switch, or did you verify power is present with the key on, and flows through with the switch activated? I think those two shiny spots are pressure test points, looks like dirt caps on quick coupler nipples. From the size of the two hoses I would guess they're pressure supply lines from the pumps. Is the boom slew operated with a switch of some kind? Unless there's other solenoid valves about, I would be inclined to believe one of those is the safety and the other one for track two speed.
Hi, I have taken the seat and all the other accessories out, power hosed the lot so now I have access to the hydraulics. Getting at some of the nuts and bolts was awkward enough and took about four hours. This week I will try to pick up a hydraulic pressure guage and see what the pressure is at those pressure test points. I think I might as well do the swivel brake now that I have everything apart. Regards Morke
Like working on a Swiss watch, you need a jeweler's loupe and steady hands....