Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota M59

dsgsr ยท 2011-11-13 12:40

OK, I know it's a bit late asking. I just ordered the M59, any owner/operators out there, Opinions? David

Replies6
  1. #1stumpjumper832011-11-13 14:45

    I know i looked at them and thought that I'd rather have a machine with a cab... and for the same money I could go to a 580 or a 310. In the end I went with a 7 ton excavator and have wished for a minute that I owned a backhoe instead.

  2. #2dsgsr2011-11-13 17:11

    Well, I did want an excavator. My situation is I have a small landscaping/tractor biz. The John Deere Compact TLB I have has over 5600 hrs. and I have about a dozen attachments for it, If I spent the $$ on the track hoe & the tractor bites it then where am I. So I figured the best thing too do would be the M59, That would take me from an 8.5 ft hoe to a 12 ft. I can now feed my 550 dump with the hoe and still run all my tractor attachments best of both worlds for now and when the economy gets better maybe add a 6 or 7 ton hoe. David

  3. #3stumpjumper832011-11-13 18:41

    that was suposed to read, "never wished for a minute that I owned a backhoe..." oops and too late to edit If a tlb works best for your biz, then your judging if the kubota is a quality machine or is better than the competition. If I was to choose a machine in that category, it would be either that or a mini jcb

  4. #4dsgsr2011-11-13 20:52

    I considered the JCB midi just long enough to find out it only has 25 pto hp. That wouldn't turn my 6' bush hog in lite grass. The M59 has 46 or 50 pto hp, depending on which propaganda material you read. So the M59 is the only choice in having a big (in that class) hoe and still being able to use it as a tractor with a 3 pt hitch, think Swiss Army Knife. David

  5. #5capt_met2011-11-14 11:57

    i have heard nothing but god about the m59. I would like one myself but the price for the laurin cab is way too high. i have aboutdecided to go with a used full sized tlb with cab and a newer utility tractor also with cab. the money will be about the same.

  6. #6DoosanFan2011-11-14 12:49

    My dad has a Kubota L39 for his horticulture students, hasn't got more than 60 hours on it yet, and so far very few of his students have had a go on it (wonder why that is... ), but its a pretty solid machine and is perfect for the tight spots around tunnels and sheds. It will however be used as a compost making machine when the chipper eventually arrives... But it will be put to good use in the mean time .