Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVL90-2 code E:9107 repair?

Tags · 2021-09-16 17:32

So I was running my machine all day and as I was finishing up it showed the exclamation point in the red triangle and was reading code E:9107 - which is intake air pressure sensor system - all it shows in the book is the code meaning and then “Immediately contact your local dealer”. So my question would be is there anyway to tell if it’s just the sensor or is it something else? Would like to finish up tomorrow and don’t really want to head to the dealer with it unless it’s absolutely necessary. Thanks for any help.

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2021-09-16 17:40

    Is the air cleaner restricted (filter plugged or the inlet blocked)?

  2. #2Tags2021-09-16 18:04

    Sorry, totally forgot to mention that, checked both air filters and they are fine, they were new 50 or so hours ago as well. Was the first thing I checked. Did not check the inlet, but machine continued to run fine with no loss of power or weird smoke from the exhaust.

  3. #3Tags2021-09-17 08:37

    Check the inlet this morning, no issue there, started the machine up, no code…go figure. Seems like it could be a wonky sensor?

  4. #4Tags2021-09-17 10:45

    Code came back after running the machine for about 10 minutes, not sure if it’s ill advised to run this way but it seems to be running just fine, the temperature gauge isn’t doing anything weird and no weird smoke or power issues as well.

  5. #5Tags2021-10-14 21:01

    Just wanted to update. Machine ended up not going into regen due to the code, then sent up a bunch more codes, but I realized what was going on before it derated and got it on the trailer and to the dealer. They replaced a boost sensor (I think that's what they said) for the turbo, but of course that still wouldn't allow it to regen, but "it was bad and needed to be replaced". Fair enough. They started looking over the wiring harness and I imagine they knew where to look, because they found two spots in the wiring harness where the wires had rubbed and were grounding out. It was right behind the air filter housing. They patched the wires and put it all back together and it's been fine since I picked it up.

  6. #6bigboytoy2025-07-29 10:29

    kubota track loader svl 90-2 code 9107 ... repaired ... had the regen thing too ... the flashing emergency take it to your dealer light ... I had all of that .. replace input air flow sensor no change ... read more about a cracked bracket and wiring harness issues ... so I looked everywhere and found a broken wire on the boost sensor .. repaired code went away .. so after all of that I realize that wire was attached to a bracket that was cracked which I welded back together ... a light comes on the wire that broke was mounter to that bracket ... it was shaking ... thus breaking a wire nearby ... I wish people would spell it out a little better ... I believe all the codes was just a chain reaction of the computer not getting a feed from the boost sensor ... so it burned too rich and clogged the DPF ... I'm headed to the permanent DPF fix next .. 3000 hrs is too young to die ..