Working on a 2001 T800 exhaust. It has a single stack behind the sleeper. The exhaust is under the frame and the stack uses a frame mounted brace with an angle brace. I want to go to dual exhaust behind the sleeper. I prefer to add another frame mounted stack brace for the drivers side. The cab/sleeper is air ride and I prefer no to attach the exhaust stacks to back of sleeper. My question is about the long air tank on the drivers side, that appears to be in the way of bring exhaust up to the stack. Can anyone help with how to route the exhaust from the passenger side to the drivers side? Also I want to add a headache track between the stack braces . I appreciate anyone's help.
With what your trying to accomplish---the air tank will have to be moved. Or install two short tanks one on each side behind the exhaust T pipe. Stacks on a T series normally run just under floorboards and T, attached to cab. So your going to need a T with 2 90's up or 4 45's up to stacks.
I was working on a new Pete last week. It had dual stacks but the left side was not connected to the exhaust system. It was just for looks.
All the newer PacCar's and I suppose others, the left stack is just for show. The world will spin out of balance if there isn't two stacks.
I installed a Dave Palmer, Safety Pumping System on the T800 in my avatar. I had to relocate the exhaust and air tank just like you are proposing. Plus, this rig had catalytic mufflers. The mufflers fell off and a stack insert was installed. It took some time, but not bad. I’ll try to find pictures.
That would be great. Always like seeing solutions that work.
Guess I didn’t take any pictures of the shenanigans under T601. Just the finished product. Interesting rig. It came from Canada and was speced for the Yukon where they use very short wheelbases. Wasn’t my choice, but it was free. Kinda free. A customer exchanged it for a fuel bill his company couldn’t pay.