Good day all. I just repaired my final drive motor that was suffering from very low power and speed. The valve plate was scored up to .004" on either side of the openings. One thing I found was an incorrect spool installed and missing springs in the valve assembly. The spoole with the single posished mating surface is the incorrect part. I replaced the valve plate with a new Kubota part and I had to have the spoole made by a machinest to fit the valve body bore. Kubota only sells the Valve assembly. I put about an hour of operating time on the machine and so far it works as advertised by Kubota. This dissassembly, inspection and reassembly saved me 1000 dollars. I can t seem to add pics. If there is a moderator who would like to help that would be great. Thanks
Got em
Nice job! Were the missing springs and incorrect spool from a previous rebuild or did it come from the factory that way? I'm surprised Kubota wouldn't sell the spool separately.
According to the IPC the spool was incorrect and the springs were not there. I used the spool from the other drive as a pattern and the valve body for sizing for the machinest. I believe the drive motor in question was subject to a backyard tremclad overhaul. It sucks that Kubota wont sell the spool alone but there is good reason (s) for this. The repair manual measurements for this part are down to 4 decimal places ( spool to housing clearance .0003 max). So installing a new spool in a scored/damaged housing will not help. I took this rout because I thought it was worth a try for 300.00 dollars vs. 1200.00 at my local Kubota dealer. Im my experience manufactures ( of anything) will always want to sell the next higher assembly, its a throw away world and it's difficult to fix things without the parts.
Great job TCM! great when something like this works out!
looks like you fix the same way as me beer, fix, beer, fix. keeps a guy nice and calm haha
:exactly:drinkup
Please tell me how to get the inspection plate (with the three plugs in it) off of this drive unit!! I have knocked the four pins in around the rim of the plate but still can not remove the plate.