Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX161-3 Kubota travel motor

excavator ยท 2012-09-28 15:57

I have a customer looking at a KX 161-3 Kubota that has one travel motor which stops working when hot. Does anyone know the case drain specs? I have a service manual for both the -2 and -3 machines but neither one lists an acceptable amount. The chart is there in each manual but it is left blank. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1CooterBrown2012-10-05 10:41

    What section and page is the table on. I will look in mine.

  2. #2CooterBrown2012-10-05 10:47

    Never mind. I found it and mine is blank as well.

  3. #3Bob/Ont2012-10-05 13:12

    Just get a clean 5 gal pail and run case drain line into it for one min. Do both sides and compare the good one to the bad. It's best to jam the drive but you could lift the side being checked as you drive it. Problem might be in the swivel. Later Bob