G'day new to the Forum. Issue I have is with Excavator. It has been sitting for a while (1 year), it will start if I jump start from battery to back of new switch. Will fire up glow plugs and warning lights. So I can get it started, it will track forward and backward, PTO for Auger and Boom swing work, blade works and track width changes OK. BUT boom/bucket will not work. NO JOY from the JOY sticks.
Good day & welcome I suggest you check the pressure at the "P" port and then the line to the MCV. See attached. Note I only have reference to the -3 machine, I guess it about the same. Kind regards Uffex
Check Hydraulic Fluid Level: Ensure that the hydraulic fluid level is at the appropriate level. Low fluid levels can affect the functionality of the hydraulic system. Inspect Hydraulic Lines: Look for any visible leaks or damage in the hydraulic lines that control the boom and bucket. Leaks can lead to loss of hydraulic pressure. Check Hydraulic Filters: Clogged or dirty hydraulic filters can restrict the flow of hydraulic fluid. Inspect and replace filters if necessary. Test Control Valve: The issue might be with the control valve responsible for the boom and bucket functions. Have a technician test and inspect this valve. Electrical Connections: Ensure that all electrical connections to the control system for the boom and bucket are secure and free of corrosion. Hope helpful.
Thank you for so much information.
Thank you very much for this reply. Did 1,2 and 3. So will look for 5 - control system electrical connections? I thought electrics and hydraulics would be totally different? I assume the Control Valve - number 4 is attached to Hydraulic Motor and therefore deep within the Spaghetti maze under the foot plates so a technician and specialist tools will be required. Thank you so much. I feel very grateful for your feedback.
Good day If you have constant pilot pressure on the boom raise valve, I would suggest we need to establish what is happening in the main pressure line for boom raise. "T" into the line start the machine raise the boom see what is happening, next dead end the line with the pressure gauge see what we have and how this compares. Kind regards Uffex