I got a call from one of our local municipal lakes to unload some floating dock's.They are made out of pre-cast concrete,having an outer concrete shell and the inside is filled with styrofoam.They measure 8'wide,20'long,3' in depth,and weigh 20,000 lbs.each.I have to set up close to the waters edge so I can pick them off the truck and set them in the water untill they float .
I was concerned about good footing on the waters edge.I used 7"x9"x8' railroad ties to make a 4' x 8' pad.
thks Nice pics thks! Man the water is clean Have far out could you go with the load? 10 ton
Nice setup 25c. Now that's the way to crib outriggers folks. :notworthy Hey...I see an RC cola can there, that's what I drink!
Yep.The water was clear and the conservation officer only gave me a warning for fishing whithout a license.I can go out 27 feet with 20,000 lbs.
Thanks ATCOEQUIP,We drank alot of RC cola on this job.
I don't even want to ask what kind of bait you had on the crane hook! Must be some big fish there!
Here are some pictures of the docks on the truck.
Well boy howdy,those concrete docks really do float.
Thanks for posting this 25c, that's really cool. I used to do similar things when I was a crane operator. Seeing your rig set up in those pics bring back some good memories. Leveling the rig on unlevel ground, the cribbing under the pads, working within the side and rear load radius, single line, 4 part line, eight part line; ahh, a crane junkie can rattle on forever. Thanks for the memories. :notworthy
25C where is that Patoka lake? Nice pics
Very nice set of pictures, very informative. Thanks for sharing :drinkup
Thanks guys.We had more setup time than actual crane time on this job.ATCOEQUIP,I have some more crane jobs lined up this summer so we will have alot to talk about.bill5362,yep,it was at patoka lake.Bring your fishing pole down sometime and we can cook out and fish off the new docks.AtlasRob,I am starting to get the "hang" of these new fangled computers and posting.Thanks for the kind words.