Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Largest excavator that i can run a 12″ bucket on

monster76 ยท 2015-06-07 22:02

What isnthe largest trackhoe i can use with a 12" bucket"

Replies4
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2015-06-08 00:04

    Well, I have seen 12" buckets custom made for Cat 245's and Komatsu 650's, so I would say it is entirely up to you and your imagination.

  2. #2Garrie Denny2015-06-08 00:18

    How deep are you going to dig with the bucket ? And how clean sided do you want the trench ? You can use a ripper on the arm to 900mm+ and just turn your ripper point up to use the attachment bracket to clear the trench,just a thought that on a 20 tonner.

  3. #3monster762015-06-08 18:40

    I need to dig abojt 10 ft through some limestone but i need to waste as little material as possible but still be able to load trucks up with slabs of stone

  4. #4Deere500a2015-06-08 20:18

    I've seen Takeuchi 53 6ton excavator using Case 580 hoe buckets. Deere 110/120 maybe it, the bucket ears are 12" wide