Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Latest find, IH 2400A

stumpjumper83 ยท 2008-10-26 11:34

Here are soem pics of my latest find. Its an IH 2400A, basically its a 574 with a heavy cast front axle and a heavy duty industrial loader, much like a modern skip loader. This particular one has a blown c175 gas engine and it came with a c-200 block and a c-200 power unit. Those are the engines in the back of the pickup. I did some parts research and fount that the only differences are the piston diameters and maybe the carbs. So I'm going to put a c-200 in the loader. This should give me about a 20 hp jump from what the c-175 had. Enjoy the pics.

Replies7
  1. #1OneWelder2008-10-26 15:55

    I have a earlier baby sibling- 3414 with a 144 gas engine In the 44 yrs the family has owened it there have been virtually no repairs If yours has the Hydro trans - pull filter off side of trans and check for metal-there may also be one on left side firewall

  2. #2stumpjumper832008-10-26 17:02

    Nope I have the gear trans, them hydros can be expensive, especially when they stop working. If the tractor was a hydro, I probably would have let it sit. Hopefully I can get the old engine out and the new one in by spring... we will see...

  3. #3bigblueox2008-10-27 15:16

    i like the intake leading into the carb. radiator hose has so many useful applications!

  4. #4M.J.2010-10-27 15:43

    Very nice. We just acquired a 2500A Series.

  5. #5M.J.2010-10-27 15:49

    Some trouble finding low range though on the 2500 - any ideas?

  6. #6M.J.2010-10-27 15:51

    Does your's have the plate on the shifter - can you post a pic if so?

  7. #7td25c2010-10-27 20:36

    The IH 2400a looks good Stumpjumper.Get the new engine in it and add a box blade on the rear and your in business.Now your going to have to tell us about the belerus with the back hoe on it.We have a few Belerus tractors in my area but never did see one with a backhoe on it.