Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lazer level reciever mounted on boom

farmboy555 ยท 2017-08-02 10:02

Little down time in the shop today, I can read the reciever from my excavator seat. It will get me I. The ball park of being close to grade. Will check with the grade stick also

Replies2
  1. #10072017-08-05 10:31

    Hi Farmboy, Like what you have done. I would like to replicate and trying to do on the cheap as i only have a few jobs where i could use this and ball park is fine for my digging. What brand and model laser and receiver are you using. Ebay is full of this stuff but most cheap receivers only have a 90Deg field of view so do you have trouble with the receiver not seeing the beam as you rotate or is yours meant for this with wider angle?? I am old and my eyes are shot so i was looking for one with big Leds as you cannot see the LCD from the cab. I know the high end units are available. I was thinking of what your doing for digging but also clipping it to the top of my mud bucket when i was trying to level water tank pads which would be slow and careful trimming, what you think? If i only used sound i could maybe face away from machine which would present more beam to the receiver? grateful for any advise. Cheers

  2. #2farmboy5552017-08-05 16:51

    Apache storm lazer reciever I purchased of eBay I'll keep the reciever that's with my lazer level on the hand held stick. Not used it yet, but pretty much any reciever will work as long as it's red beam I think. Brand name doesn't matter. Had a couple heavy duty round magnets with bolt hole in the center. I've got less than $100. In it. Yes the lazer is going o need to be in a contain area for the reciever to pick it up If you already have a lazer level. Make a bracket and try it out