Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leaking coolant need part name

utahjd1 · 2021-03-22 07:44

What is this part called?

Replies5
  1. #1kshansen2021-03-22 07:50

    A little help like make and model of the machine or engine? If it's possible a s/n would also help!

  2. #256wrench2021-03-22 09:15

    looks to be a rusted through pipe fitting that someone has cobbled together

  3. #3kshansen2021-03-22 11:08

    A bit tricky to be sure which end is up from picture. But then some have said I don't know which end is up at times! Is leak coming down from point C to B then A or the other way around? Looks like there is a drip hanging at point B ready drop on to the 90º pipe elbow. Or did the elbow just drip on the point B?

  4. #4skata2021-03-22 11:56

    Look like regular steel water pipe fittings available at any plumbing store.

  5. #5Coaldust2021-03-22 15:58

    I would call it a “cobbled up mess with a temperature sending unit on one end, that’s missing a wire”. But, I might be wrong. Seriously, you could probably follow the hose to where it leads to, plug, and remove all of that.