Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leaking Transmission IH 3500A

kmacht ยท 2016-08-22 08:41

I need some help. I pulled the motor (D239) out of my IH 3500A this weekend to replace the clutch. The clutch wasn't completely gone but the bell housing was covered in a mix of oil and hydraulic fluid which I think was causing it to slip. The engine seems pretty common to a number of machines and I have found the rear seal to fix that but I also need to replace the transmission shaft seal. I am having a heck of a time finding a place to buy it from. I have the parts manual and it lists it as part number 376930R91. Anybody have a source as to where I might be able to find it or something equivalent that will work? Keith

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2016-08-22 23:34

    Give your caseih dealer a call or call messicks, they are showing the 376930R91 seal as a good number @ $19.08, hope it helps you out.

  2. #2kmacht2016-08-23 09:38

    Bought it from Messicks. Thanks for the tip. The closest Case/IH dealer is a 3 hour round trip from me. Shipping from Messicks was almost as much as the part but if it solves the leak $40 is cheap in the grand scheme of things.