Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LED work lights

Bremcon ยท 2017-09-08 00:46

What LED work lights have you guys used on your equipment and what do you recommend ? I was looking at the ValPar lights and they seem like good quality but the price seems a little extreme.

Replies5
  1. #1OTG AuGres2017-09-08 07:23

    I've used some Mictuning lights from Amazon on a couple of my machines. So far so good, and economical too. I'm a hobbiest, not a pro, but I use my equipment pretty hard, so they get a good workout. Link to my YouTube video below...there are links in the comments to the products I used. Good luck!

  2. #2Ronsii2017-09-08 10:00

    I've put quite a few of the ones like you find on ebay/amazon on a few of our machines... they seem to work so far... we really haven't used them that much at night yet. A few things to note: What the chinese call 'stainless' is NOT, tI am alking about the mounting hardware on the smaller sizes 36/48watt square lights. Whatever metal they use is not very good... had another bracket break on out mini a couple weeks ago while trimming out for a pad and the light falls off. It doesn't take much of a hit from branches to break the aluminum mounts like in the OP that mount on the end of the longer lights. Also have had some lights that were not properly sealed from the factory... and the lens falls off! But overall they are a LOT cheaper than the high end versions and do seem to work pretty good... haven't had any fail led-wise but have heard stories of people running lots of em' on shovels where several have not lasted long.

  3. #3Hobbytime2017-09-08 10:07

    I bought a few sets of these leds for my equipment https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NIHP7ZA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 they are holding up pretty good, Ive had them for about a year, they look well built and are very bright, the mounting brackets and hardware arent the best, but for the price I wont complain..

  4. #4OTG AuGres2017-09-08 10:28

    FYI, I've put them on both my tractor and my Polaris Ranger. So far they've been perfect with no problems. One originally had a couple non working LED's and I had to return it for a replacement. Fortunately, I checked them before going thru the trouble of installing. Something I'd suggest doing regardless of the ones used.

  5. #5PJ The Kid2017-09-15 15:26

    I have mounted a 50" and 2 12" to our forestry truck at work. Mounted the 2 12" lights so they swivel and can be aimed at the work and the 50 facing forward on the front rack. The crew that runs this truck absolutely loves them and now wants them installed on a couple other trucks, doing night time storm calls they make it like daylight, to the point we have had complaints to keep them aimed lower working next to residential calls