Hi All, I have Royer soil screener that I would like to add some type of auto lubrication to. There are a lot of grease points in difficult areas and it's a dusty environment by the nature of the task. There are four belts running at vastly different rpms with four greased bearings each. My options range from simply running lines to manifolds to make access easier to a single pump auto setup (would need to be hydraulic preferably or 12v). I could also get single point 12v/battery systems. Anyone with experience on this? Can you put a manifold on the single point systems and use one per belt? Thanks, Jason
Keep in mind the sealed bearings on your conveyor belts do not need to be greased constantly over greasing causes more harm than good we grease every 3 months unless there is an obvious problem like a seal already blown out
Why not use grease pots? Thread them in where your zerk would go and they slowly push grease. Change them every 6 months or so. As Jonas302 mentioned, some aren't meant to be purged everyday. That is a fact, I dont subscribe to it, but it is a fact. Use only non-moly grease for your head and tails. High speed dodge bearings will not tolerate moly over long periods. For an all around auto greaser, look to Lincoln or Groenveld. Bekamax is another good product. Price points are all over the place, but generally expensive. KPI runs remote grease lines to everywhere that is not convenient cuz they now operators are lazy and it's hard enough to get them to check oil n water.
The rollers in the middle are sealed and take no grease, the end shafts have regular bearings that take a very small amount of grease daily.
Do the grease pots only dispense when the machine is running?
I believe so.
Look on Twitter for #greasemax. I am not endorsing this product in particular, it it just to reference what I am describing. Many mines and quarries locally use them with varying degrees of success. You can spec the delivery rate, lubricant that is loaded etc, etc. Many choices.
I've used these on mobile equipment with a fair amount of success. The nice thing is that you can pick & choose what grease you want in them plus they are almost infinitely adjustable as regards lubrication frequency. https://simatec.com/products/simalube-lubricator/
I've used these for many years and have had no problems. http://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/3...ps-86a2-f4l-1242877-thru-1322537.html?page=35
Well, I haven't seen one of those in quite a long time. Reminds me of the pots where you give the cap a turn everyday