I finally got around to doing some digging this weekend (little league with the kids has bee 6 days a week) but I ran into an issue fueling my Hyundai R130LC-3. Its got an on board fuel transfer pump, and I use a 50 gal drum to fill it. This is actually only the second time ive used it. As i was trying to get the pump primed and it was spinning dry it just quit. I checked the fuse and it looks ok. I havent pulled the pump out (time constraint again) but i was wondering if there could be another inline fuse or if there is something I could find wrong with the pump. Not know whats actually wrong I guess it would be hard to determine if its repairable. Being a homeowner machine, i didnt want to put the money into a pump (it was nice having it though) because transfer 40gal 1 pint at a time with the hand pump really isnt fun.
I use a $30 pump out of a old car gas tank that had a rubber line connection , 10 years its never let me down. it will move about 20 gallons in 10~12 mins . If you have a junk car around that has a intank pump for the fuel injection you will have a pump for free. a few butt splices and alagator clips and your off and pumping. I would suggest leaving the sock on the pump pick up so the pump doesnt pick up something it cant pass.
I have seen the fields come loose in the motors of a lot of transfer pumps they are glued in and the vibration will breake the brittle glue, I have used JB weld and had some sucess sticking them back.
Harbor Freight has 12 volt utility pumps for $29.99. A friend of mine has been pumping diesel with one for years. Not the fastest, but pump 40 gallons in about 15 minutes.