Last Thursday, a 9250, sold and serviced by Highway Equipment and Supply of Drums Pa, arrived at its new home in Hazleton Pa. Pics will follow of the machine near completion of the "some assembly required" process. As of this afternoon (pics also from today), it looks like this Friday afternoon she will dig her 1st bucket of anthracite.
Pics from today. Planning to get more when its complete.
Great photos res12cue! I can't wait to see a few action shots. What kind of trucks are they loading? I didn't know Highway still sold Liebherr. I thought they only sold Volvo and Hitachi/Euclid. I remember many years ago they had quite a few brand new Liebherr track loaders, dozers, and excavators on their lot.
You'll see action vids from me Loads a fleet of 85-90 ton trucks.
As miningpower said, the 9250 will be loading a fleet of Cat 85 ton trucks and Euclid R90's. Highway managed to sell the machine because there are no actual Liebherr Mining dealers in the states. I havent gotten anymore pics yet as I've been at the shop workin crazy hours all week. From what my service manager said this morning, the bucket was being installed today. It was started and run for a period of time yesterday with no major issues...minor leaks here and there, but nothing extravagant. Fire suppression is to be installed monday and tuesday and should be digging by the end of the week.
I was down watching the assembly on Thursday. I really hope they have good luck with this machine. Should be interesting to see its performance. Probably going to out dig the old H185S in no time
Wouldn't be hard at all! I know the PC1250-8's can out dig the old H185S's loading 777F's.
That must be coal contractors new machine. I can't remember the guys name that I talked to, but he used to work at Highway years ago. He was down at our shop picking up a 3508 block that has been sitting in our shop for 5 years. Coal contractors ripped it out of one of their 777's and brought it to us to rebuild. They ran out of money and robbed parts off of that 777 to fix another. Reading diesel took the block and is storing it at their place. Good thing, because we had $8,000 worth of machine work done to it and the crank started showing a bit of rust. BTW res12cue, you obviously know my best friend Adam then. I also grew up with Justin too. Also, who was the lucky salesman to get the sale ??
Hey rino1494, was that Steve Stromboli you talked to. I used to work for Coal Contractors. I guess you work for Casterline Diesel in Sweet Valley maybe? That Liebherr has been a long time coming for them. When I was there a few years ago, they were looking at a PC3000. I saw the 9250 last Saturday, but alot of the rock trucks looked to be in pretty bad shape. I remember the 777 that 3508 came out of, its still up there, but just skin and bones now... Rory
Nope, my father and I have a excavating business in Hobbie, just outside of Dorrance. My father is a excellent diesel mechanic. They had called my uncle to fix it, but he was busy, so they brought it to our shop. I stripped it down and we took the block and heads to Feasers in Harrisburg. We were gonna rebuild it, but they ran out of money. Funny thing is, when trying to take the rod caps off, we tried turning the flywheel and the converter was locked up. They ripped that motor out of that truck for no reason. The only thing wrong with it was the converter. Steve just came to our shop in January to pick up the block. Damn thing sat in our garage since late '04. You may know my uncle "skeeter". He drives a red f-450 with a boom. He knows Nicky pretty good.
Skeeter Rinehimer, yeah I met him. Is your dad Jan? I grew up in Blytheburn, over by the dam on the Wapwallopen Creek. I'm a Kania, your dad and uncle know my Uncle Ed, probably. Yeah, I worked for Petrole for about three years up there...
haha, small world
I don't know about that. Even though the 1250-8 is an 8.8yd machine, it would still take 6+ passes to load a 777. An H185S with the short BH, is an 18yd machine; can load a 777 is 3 quick passes, as seen here. YouTube - DEMAG H185S Working in a Snow Storm
looks smaller than a 994B (think they the 9350 or something similar) - around 994-200 are they?
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. The 9250 was tracked into the pit this past week. It's digging and doing well. A few minor leaks here and there that have to be taken care of but no major issues.
Watching that H185S is poetry in motion, operator is smooth, no wasted movement, gentle on the machine and I don't think he spilled a teaspoon. Always great to watch - Thanks again Justin
Wouldn't be a liebherr without an oil leak!!!
Awesome machine! It's great to finally see a new piece of large mining equipment here in NEPA. Hopefully I'll get to see this guy one day...
How is 9250 performing after you have had it operating for some time I am interested if you have had performance and or reliability issues