Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lifting a T190 Cab?

Stevenbrla ยท 2010-08-28 20:21

I bought a 2004 T190 a couple years ago... and have several questions, and never really knew who to ask, so get ready for some laughers... Fortunately (I guess), I don't have to use it very much lately... as I bought a forklift that is better for my day to day use... but about a year ago, I went to lift the cab (not even sure why)... my BC sales rep said it was easy though... well, it was easy after I used a floor jack with a 2x4 pushing up on the cab... yea, real safe situation going on there... (the jack sitting on the body where you usually crawl in)... is it usually this hard to lift? I NEED to lift it now so I can find the hydraulic leak. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1willie592010-08-28 20:31

    No, not gonna laugh at ya Stevenbrla. First, you did remove the two 1/2" nuts that hold the cab secured at the front? Second, let's assume you did remove them, and just found it was very heavy to lift. If that's the case, the gas springs that assist lifting the cab are bad and need replacement.

  2. #2Stevenbrla2010-08-28 21:08

    LOL... yea, I removed the nuts. If it's hard to lift this time, I"ll replace those springs then.

  3. #3willie592010-08-28 21:11

    Aye, just had to make sure we covered all the details. If you have an enclosed cab Bobcat, it's not unusual for the cab to get stuck on the seals for the bottom of the cab that seals the air gap between cab and machine frame and you have to pop it loose from those seals stuck. But if it's heavy to lift all the way up, the gas springs are bad. BTW, welcome to the forum. :usa