Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Line Boreing

HarryE ยท 2015-12-05 17:02

Hello All, I am considering rebuilding the bucket on my 644b Deere loader. It needs the pin holes bored and bushed. Could anyone guestimate the cost for doing this? The bucket has other issues that can be over come but the pin holes are the biggest one. Also there was a forum member from Ohio that I believe did this kind of work would anyone know who that might be? Thanks. Oh and the bottom pins are 2" and the center pin is 2 3/4" and I'm having new pins made.

Replies3
  1. #1SE-Ia Cowman2015-12-05 18:05

    I do that kind of work here in Iowa, I give estimates only and like to do the work by time and material, but on most holes under 3" i estimate $300 a hole. I would not make pins unless you have them heat treated, most OEM pins are made of good material then heat treated.

  2. #2ohiofleet2015-12-05 19:12

    call the axle surgeon I can get you his number tomorrow he doesm line boring and has good prices

  3. #3HarryE2015-12-06 01:29

    Two of the pins are on a link that is no longer available. The machine shop will do the machine work on them, drill for grease ports and retainment bolts then send out for heat treat. I've heard of the Axle Surgeon but have no information on him.