Hey everyone, Newbe here, Spent a lot of time reading the HEF and now a new thread, I have purchased a 1986 link belt 3400 and have done a fair bit of work on it. We are working on the final drives and my father took out the planetary without marking anything, so we have spent 2 days trying to figure out how they line up as there is markings on the teeth but nothing seems to line up, we have taken the cover off the other side to see how the markings correspond to each other but nothing makes sense, anyway if anyone knows anything or has a book on them I would really appreciate any suggestions (I have already suggested Dutch lighting and call the insurance people) I will try to post some pictures when I get them. Thanks!
By markings, do you mean you're trying to line specific teeth up with each other? dont worry about that, probarly just some marks used in the manufacturing stages.
This is just a test
another test
Last test