Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link belt 3900Q no controls after startup

HarleyD ยท 2015-05-12 19:38

Apologize but I am not finding many link belt references so far browsing. I am aware I am basically dealing with a Case 9040 but rather ask this question rather than confuse myself. My cousin brought home a Link Belt Quantom 3900. Looks like needs a lot of cosmetic parts ie: cab shield , paint, etc. I charged batts, and started the Isuzu engine, but No controls with j-sticks, and no track movement either. I have safety bar/ handle down, control lock off, swing lock off.. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something that may disable hydraulics, or something is not engaging . I have no op. manual so I am just going off of the lil experience I have moving military engineering equip to transport . Thanks for the help

Replies8
  1. #1HarleyD2015-05-13 10:04

    Simple question since I may have missed something w No op manual. Does the control lock bar belong in the UP or Down position to utilize the controls? Just want to get that basic question out of the way. Never operated a Case or Link Blet

  2. #2jcb jeff2015-05-14 15:10

    Harley D First thing i guess your arm rest is down (safety arm) check micro switch under l/h consul also check fuse for lever lock same thing thats the simple one to test .you also have a solenoid for servo isolate on the 8 bank solenoid you could swap over some of the solenoids this is located in the hyd pump area cant recall but could have either a blue or pink tag on the hose . but if the hyd pump drive coupling has failed you will not get any servo or main pump pressure could put a gauge on it but bets on its a fault with lever lock electrical to be at fault i have a manual for a cx800 case should be close i will look tomorrow for you i also have jcb info which is also similar in build.

  3. #3jcb jeff2015-05-14 15:12

    Lever down

  4. #4HarleyD2015-05-19 00:45

    Lever is down and still nothing. This is my cousin's excavator and I am his " mechanic " . If anyone is wondering why I have this excavator no one showed me the in and outs on when purchased.

  5. #5GaryHoff2015-05-19 21:07

    check your micro switch for the level lock. The wires break at the switch sometimes. A cx800 book will not be anywhere near close to this unit.

  6. #6FordL80002015-05-19 21:12

    I had wires break at the switch just as gary said

  7. #7HarleyD2015-05-20 15:46

    Thanks. Yes the wires are disconnected, so I imagine that is a starting point. Would that prevent the tracks from moving as well? thnx

  8. #8GaryHoff2015-05-20 22:36

    With the lever lock switch not working, no functions will work. So in short, yes, it would stop the tracks from moving.