Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Linkbelt HC21A Boom hoist rope

nickm110 ยท 2015-01-20 07:34

I wonder if anyone can help,we have a 1981 Linkbelt HC218A which needs a new boom hoist rope,we have only limited technical data / records on the crane and all i can find out is that it is a 3/4" rope,530FT long, TYPE "T". Can anyone advise what type "T" is?? i am assuming it is perhaps the rope construction type? If anyone can help out i would be most grateful.I have asked Linkbelt but they referred me to a dealer in the UK,don't ask me why? No answer from them yet. p.s. the crane was bought recently with a non-rotating rope fitted to the boom-hoist,we are all assuming this was cause for the rope to fail!

Replies1
  1. #1kat092015-01-20 14:19

    I would contact Bridon direct or through a dealer. They are a global provider of good cable. A lot has changed in the cable world since that 218A was built! They make boom hoist specific ropes now that work well. Good day.