Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mobile service tech for altec industries?

vera66 ยท 2015-05-24 20:50

Anyone know anything about Altec? Are they a good conpany? Do they pay alright? Benifits? They are always hiring it seems like wondering if they are worth applying for or if there's a reason why they are always hiring. Thank you

Replies4
  1. #1willie592015-05-24 21:46

    I've never worked for Altec, but I wager the reason they're always hiring is there are tons and tons of Altec units out there. Pretty much every utility across the country has in their fleet Terex/Hi Ranger, Versalift, and/or Altec. I've worked on a number of Altec units in the past, well built machines. One thing I'm sure an Altec road tech would be doing is quite a bit of traveling.

  2. #2CM19952015-05-24 22:11

    Altec is based here in Birmingham, AL. I've know two guys who worked there in management and had nothing but good things to say about the company. The company has a good reputation locally. That's about all I can offer.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-05-25 03:58

    Yeah, no experience with them myself, but like Willie sez, they're a big outfit and emphasis on the "Mobile" in mobile service tech, they're probably looking for a road warrior to be away from home a lot, and work crazy schedules a lot, if you're fixing high dollar new machines for the factory.

  4. #4vera662015-05-25 14:42

    Thanks for all the replys guys. I figured it would be something like that I might see what they have to offer but it I have to be away from home a lot that won't work. My son is due in the end of June so I have find a family friendly schedule